Monday, November 14, 2011

I am Grateful for: Modern Conveniences

I did a lot of laundry today and man! am I glad for a room to rent with access to a washer and a dryer in the home. I have really drab memories of apartment living and massive trips to laundromats. So, I guess it's more than just gratitude for modern conveniences...it's also gratitude for easy access to all of the things that make my life soooo easy...even though I take all of them for granted....
...hot water, electricity, dozens of outlets in one room, air fresheners, cleaning supplies, cars and airplanes, telephones, computers, debit cards, running water, hot water, indoor plumbing, hair dryer, flat iron, waterproof makeup, video txt messages of my nephew (seriously, you have to see the one I got today!), media in every form, and on and on and on.

I've only ever gone without by choice...and even when I camp, I have it easy! I know that absence makes the heart grow fonder but I hope that I can become more grateful in my everyday appreciation for these things so that I'll never have to do without to be reminded.

No comments: