Sunday, November 18, 2012

I am Grateful for: Healthcare Workers

Seriously. I don't know how they do it! The nurses on my floor this weekend have been so kind and patient...especially with my crazy neighbors! I think I'm a pretty easy patient, but these old people on the cardiac floor are some tough characters, and the nurses just keep helping them.

There is a guy down the hall that is doing his very best work to cough up all of his internal organs and gagging on them the whole way. And the lady right next door just LOVES her call button and is giving the CNA a run for her money this morning.

I would probably earn a criminal charge on my first day, but the nurses just keep coming back for more. I feel grateful that there are individuals, who are much better people than myself, who are willing to do this hard work!

2 comments:

Kelsey Eaton said...

:)

I'm sure it is a huge blessing for nurses and doctors to come into your room to find a sweet young lady.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I totally agree that nurses are earning every penny they get paid. They should be paid more. They have to put up with a lot of crap...pun intended.