Friday, March 30, 2012

Big Dollar Dreams

The Mega Millions Lottery has been the topic of a lot of conversation this week. Fortunately for me, Utah doesn't participate and I didn't have to battle my own logic to decide if I was going to buy tickets...but it doesn't mean that I didn't spend a little of my time imagining what I might do with $462M.
Truth is, I don't know if I'm capable of spending that much money...so I'm sure that there would be a lot of things to consider regarding the bigger picture, but these are the things I would do immediately:
- I would pay off any debt that my parents or siblings might have (car or house payments, etc.)
- I would set up $1M trust funds for each niece and nephew
- I would plan an amazing series of deluxe family vacations (The World cruise, Disneyworld, Lake Powell with a houseboat for each family, an island or beach vacation, a ski week in Switzerland, a tour of Israel)
- I would indulge my vanity with hair extensions and spa treatments and beautiful clothes and fabulous shoes and every funky accessory I laid my eyes on
- I would attend culinary arts school
- I would buy a home perfect for entertaining and fill a room with musical instruments all for which I would immediately begin lessons
- I would buy my dad a golf course
- I would open a Nordstrom expense account for my mom
- I would do some things for some friends who never seem to catch the financial breaks they deserve
...and all of that might get me to $20M??? I guess I need to start dreaming a little bigger???

No comments: