Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am Grateful for: Being Unemployed

WHAT?!?!

Someone is actually grateful for unemployment? Crazy, right? Nope, it's true. Especially today.

Last night I wrote out an agenda for today. There were specific things that I decided had to be done. I woke up at 7:00 to go to the gym, but felt awful...so I took a nap, then laid in bed and read for two hours, then I lethargically drug my body around the house trying to convince myself to get crackin' on that "To Do" list. I finally got out of the house around noon and headed towards the temple...but decided I wanted to stop by my Grandma's on the way. I had only intended to pop in for a few minutes...but we were having some good conversation and I stayed much longer.

I did accomplish a few things on today's list, but that morning nap and the long visit with Grandma were never part of a "To Do". In fact, there have been a lot of naps and visits with people I love and dozens of other things that I never would have had the luxury to indulge in if I were working my typical work week. So I'm especially grateful today that the timing of my unemployment has allowed me to do things that are important but would not be getting any attention otherwise.

No comments: