Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Theater Folk

Sari invited me to come see her High School's production of Phantom...I was scared. A High School production?...of Phantom?...yikes! But the recent rebirth of my love for all things "stage" was more powerful than my fear of bad HS acting/singing/dancing.

I'm happy to report that it was the best HS show I've ever seen (at least from the audience :)!

And it was a great opportunity to evaluate how I've been approaching my roles. I'd notice something about the kids that seemed awkward (I know! I said it was the best HS show ever, but it was still a HS production) anyhow, I'd notice something awkward and then realize that I do something similar and then I'd think about how it should have been and take a mental director's note. I'm going to see as many performances as possible over the next few months!

No comments: