Monday, June 13, 2011

John 13:34

My upcoming Sunday School lesson is centered around this verse of scripture:
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
I'm glad I have two weeks for my preparations, because my first attempt might be a disaster. See, I'm going to journal my week at Lake Powell from this perspective. Truth is, I really do love the people going on this trip...but I have learned that even the most lovable of people can get on my last nerve after 6 days on a houseboat! Not because they are necessarily less lovable, or because they've become more annoying, but because I've been on a houseboat for 6 DAYS!

I'm a single girl in charge of my world and my time and I can come and go or not at my own leisure. Because I've played the loner role for so long, I can easily begin to feel suffocated....so this is going to be an awesome experiment for me. I don't expect it will cure my short fuse moments...I'm just hoping that it will minimize the frequency, length, and intensity when they do happen!

No comments: