Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Passion Pursuit

As a theater junkie, I had the treat of watching a friend's musical in workshop this evening. He's been developing the concept and script for about 3 years and tonight it was presented in a reader's theater format.

The raw theater environment was very cool to be a part of, and it totally hit the grungy backstage stuff of which I love to participate. But the very best part was watching a friend in the process of pursuing his dream. There is no big fame or financial payoff at this point, but he appeared to be fueled by nothing more than the chase of the dream, and that is such a cool thing to witness.

An identified passion continues to be something that I covet in so many of the people that I meet. And I still maintain some kind of hope that one day I will have identified that thing for myself.

No comments: