Sunday, December 18, 2011

What I Learned in Church Today: Perspective in Adversity

As a student of the scriptures, I have an understanding that adversity is part of the human experience and will be for every person who comes to earth. However, in the context of my own adversity, I have been struggling to hold on to that understanding. The following address was recommended to me just last week, but in an act of rebellion, I put off studying the message...so, it was an interesting coincidence to be taught from that message today in Sacrament Meeting:


Following the speaker's remarks and testimony, I spent the remainder of the meeting re-reading the address in full and then finding myself reading this as well:


I am hopeful that someday soon, my understanding of these things will be more complete and that I will be able to bear my own witness to these teachings.

No comments: