Sunday, April 10, 2011

What I Learned in Church Today: Attitude (re-visited)

On the first Sunday of every month, the congregations of our church Fast together. It can be an opportunity to focus your prayers and thoughts and faith...or, if you take a lazy and unprepared approach, it's an opportunity to go hungry for 24 hours.

Because last week was our broadcast General Conference, our congregation postponed our organized fast to this Sunday...which I did not prepare for and realized late on Saturday evening. I always believe that there is value in obedience for obedience's sake...but man, does obedience for love's sake trump it! My lame approach left me flipping through my mental cookbook dreaming of spaghetti and sandwiches.

So while no formal lesson was learned from those at the pulpit, I was reminded that I so much more enjoy a prepared Fast.

No comments: