Monday, August 8, 2011

Under-promise...Over-deliver

This is a public service announcement for anyone in the business of setting up singles.

A friend has been telling me for months that I should be dating a man in our ward. And then this friend will list a few of the guys flaws. And then I will laugh and ask why in the world I would be a match for a dull hick like the one described!

Tonight I finally had my first conversation with the "dull hick". And he wasn't dull or hick-ish at all! In fact, I look forward to talking to him again.

From past experience, I know that over-selling a potential match usually results in irreparable disappointment. So while I recognize it's a fine line to walk, I suggest you find that balance between under-selling a potential match and marketing a complete loser before you take your next shot at playing cupid.

No comments: