Monday, May 23, 2011

Obsessions

Every now and again I'll find myself obsessing over an issue. I run it over and over and over until long past the time those around me are sick of hearing about it. A few days past that point, it will finally occur to me that I'm sick of it as well.

I've made conscious effort to "fast" from these issues. I tell myself and those close to me who might ask that I'm just going to take a 12 hour, or 7 day, or whatever time necessary period away from the topic...my lips will be sealed! And without fail, as soon as I do that, my mind begins to spin with thoughts and feelings and ideas! Suddenly it is the only thing I can think about.

Any advice on how to move on from a topic when you've exhausted yourself over it and deep down you know there's no undiscovered solution lurking around the corner?

No comments: