Sunday, May 1, 2011

What I Learned in Church Today: Plan A

A common strategy for dealing with disappointment in life is to give up on Plan A and come up with a Plan B. Today it was addressed many times that there are no various Plans to develop. Our life has one plan, and it is the best plan design for our needs and personality...the plan most likely to help us return to our Heavenly Father...the plan we are living right now.
There is a ring of truth to that. I think that part of the expectations I have for myself in my current circumstances is to get comfortable with my life's plan and to see how I can make the most of what I have.
Lately I've been more aware than usual of my tendency to focus on what seems to be missing rather than celebrating all that is not missing. Making the most of my plan will come as I increase my ability to be grateful for all that I have.


"In the premortal existence, Heavenly Father prepared a plan to enable us to become like Him and receive a fulness of joy. The scriptures refer to this plan as "the plan of salvation:, "the great plan of happiness", "the plan of redemption", and "the plan of mercy". The plan of salvation is the fulness of the gospel. Because of this plan we can be perfected through the Atonement, receive a fulness of joy, and live forever in the presence of God.

We are now experiencing mortal life. Our spirits are united with our bodies, giving us opportunities to grow and develop in ways that were not possible in premortal life. This part of our existence is a time of learning in which we can prove ourselves, choose to come unto Christ, and prepare to be worthy of eternal life. It is also a time when we can help others find the truth and gain a testimony of the plan of salvation."

No comments: