Monday, October 17, 2011

Footloose

Oh! The nostalgia!

I remember many pre-teen evenings in my bedroom, with a cassette player, choreographing a lip-synch/dance number to Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For A Hero"!!

Tonight Kristy and I went to see the remake and I appreciated that they didn't stray far from the original story. I adored all of the subtle nods they made to the original (choreography, Volkswagen, settings, wardrobe).

Disappointment of the movie...the cover of my beloved "Holding Out For A Hero"

Pleasant surprise of the movie...Willard! I loved him so much that I secretly want to start calling my newest nephew Will by Willard...I just don't think that would fly with the fam.




1 comment:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Hahahaha! I was hoping it would be good. We're planning a GNO to go see it soon. Miss you!