Sunday, October 9, 2011

What I Learned in Church Today: Joy in the Gospel

Doctrine and Covenants 11:13
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;"
As a student of the doctrines of Jesus Christ, I can identify whether or not I am open to the teachings and promptings of the Holy Ghost by my reaction to spiritual teaching, discussion or study, by the emotions I am feeling. When I am not open to the Spirit, I find myself grumbling during and after, convinced that I could have made better use of my time. When I am open to the Spirit, my soul is filled with joy and I am enthusiastic about my life and my opportunities to live what I've been taught.

As a teacher of the doctrines of Jesus Christ, I want the Spirit of Joy to infect the class and I want those who participate to walk away enthusiastic about what they were taught by the Holy Ghost.

No comments: