Monday, March 7, 2011

Feedback

Following yesterday's disaster Sunday School class I had at least a dozen compliments regarding my effort to get the class out of the fast lane to crazy town. I don't know if my frank challenge of "help me understand what that has to do with discipleship?", was really the best way to handle it (and certainly not the first time I've reacted that way as a teacher, right dad?). But I think 100 compliments wouldn't have helped me to feel better about the disaster.

Today I received an email from an angel of a girl who didn't just applaud my blunt reaction to cuckoo comments, but she shared the thoughts she had during class. Knowing that at least one person was able to find some gospel understanding from my attempts at a discussion, made me feel sooooo much better. What a relief!

No comments: