Friday, March 11, 2011

Or...All Empty?

A different slant on yesterday's perspective...

As we loaded up in our separate cars to drive home from Breckenridge, myself headed west and my family headed east, my mom turned and said, "I can't believe you aren't coming with us to Denver." I know that her intention was to communicate that she wished the reunion could last a little longer, but the words communicated something else.

For a few moments I felt as if I hadn't done enough. I felt as if the time given, miles driven, and money spent was a silly waste. And then I got into my car and began thinking of all of the times that I do the same thing. How often do I minimize or dismiss the good because I'm so focused on what I believe is still missing?

How often are we all doing that?

No comments: