Thursday, March 10, 2011

Half Empty or Half Full?

I have noticed a habit. I have it and so do a lot of people that I know. It's the habit of defining yourself by what you lack:
  • I'm not very good at...
  • I've never...
  • I fail to...
  • I don't...
  • I can't...
  • If only I...
  • I should have...
"I'm not a good skiier" has been an identifier of mine for years. I always wanted to be, but I couldn't, wasn't capable of...so I didn't. Occasionally I'd attempt the sport, but I was always tentative and wussy.

But something about my new circumstances has me abandoning all of the definitions of limitations. I'm pretty good, especially for someone who thinks she sucks. By the time we finished day 2 I had decided that it was time to invest in my own set of gear and make time on the hill a priority!

Can't wait to find out what else I'm going to be really good at! (Or at least better than I thought)

No comments: